49th Annual Conference of IASSIST
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, May 2024
Host institution: IASSIST with representation from Dalhousie University, Mount Saint Vincent University, and Cape Breton University. Held with CARTO , Association of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives.
Halifax, also called Kjipuktuk (ji-buk-tuk), is in the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. It is covered by the Treaties of Peace and Friendship, first signed in 1726, which established rules for an ongoing relationship between nations. The people of the Mi’kmaw Nation have lived on this territory for millennia, and we acknowledge them as the past, present, and future caretakers of this land.
Call for Papers and Workshops
To be announced in fall 2023.
It will be the Best. IASSIST. Ever.
Program Committee Chairs
- Sophia Lafferty-Hess (Duke University)
- Zach MacDonald (Western University)
- Kristi Thompson (Western University)
Local Arrangements Committee
- Sandra Sawchuk (Mount Saint Vincent University)
- Louise Gilles (Dalhousie University)
- Chantal Ripp (University of Ottawa)
- Dylanne Dearborn (University of Toronto)
- Jane Fry (Carleton University)
- Amber Leahey (University of Toronto)
- Martin Chandler (Cape Breton University)
- Julie Marcoux (Dalhousie University
- Sherri Sunstrum (Carleton University)