By lyndamk | May 31, 2018
The Qualitative Social Science and Humanities Data Interest Group (QSSHDIG) had another great year. We would love to have you join us if you are interested in our group. Just ask Mandy or Lynda.
- At IASSIST 2017 we had social gathering and a BoF meeting to brainstorm activities for upcoming year. You can read our notes from the discussion on our website.
- A subgroup posted afour-part blog series in late July/early August of 2017. Big thanks to Mandy, Liz Cooper, and Jill Conte for organizing and writing.
- Gathered group feedback for a book proposal outline on Qualitative Research Data Librarianship book proposal. Planning to do special issue of IQ with Celia Emmelhainz and Lynda Kellam as guest editors. Email Lynda if you are interested in working with us.
- CreatedIASSIST QSSHDIG google site – includes an“expert list” that we compiled and circulated to the IASSIST listserv.
- Coordinated with Amy Pienta and Qualitative Data Repository (QDR) folks to arrange IASSIST PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WEBINAR SERIES: Teaching Qualitative Data Management: Lessons from QDR.
- Subgroup is reviewing the list of libraries that are Association of Research Libraries for qualitative data support and training/edu materials. Out of 126 libraries we were able to review 116. Data are compiled, but not ready to report out findings yet. We plan to use it for compiling a teaching materials page on our site and for possible article in the special issue. Thanks to Sara Demott, Liz Cooper, Alesia Montgomery, Jonathan Cain, and Mandy for doing the reviews and special thanks to Sara for setting up the Qualtrics survey.