By lyndamk | May 22, 2017
The Qualitative Social Science and Humanities Data Interest Group (QSSHDIG) was formed in fall 2016. We decided to focus our efforts on the conference this year. We have some continuing projects planned for next year. **We are meeting at the conference on Tuesday, May 22 at 4pm in the Oread Lobby. ** IASSIST 2017 Conference activities:
- Two workshops: (1) Dueling CAQDAS – Using Atlas.ti and NVivo for Qualitative Data Analysis, and (2) Preparing qualitative data for sharing and re-use
- Two presentation sessions: (1) A1: Data Support for All (Panel) Maximizing on The IASSIST Way: Data Support for All (without burning out), and (2) F2: Building Bridges for Qualitative Social Science and Humanities Researchers (Panel)Stuck In the Middle with You: Building Bridges for Qualitative Social Science and Humanities Researchers
- We are developing a blog post series on the challenges of balancing teaching/providing resources for qualitative software against teaching/providing resources for qualitative methods. Mandy is currently leading that effort.
- We have been working on developing a LibGuide compiling qualitative and humanities data resources (e.g., finding data sources, analysis tools, etc.). We are gathering some resources now and will talk more about this at our group meeting tomorrow. Lynda is leading this effort.
- We also have an email list for everyone interested in Qualitative Social Science or Humanities Data research.
- We would love to have any members help out with these efforts. If you are interested, please email Lynda or Mandy.