By Amy West | November 1, 2011
Our Managing and Sharing Data: Training Resources present a suite of flexible training materials for people who are charged with training researchers and research support staff in how to look after research data.
The Training Resources are modularised following the UK Data Archive’s seven key areas of managing and sharing data:
- sharing data - why and how
- data management planning for researchers and research centres
- documenting data
- formatting data
- storing data, including data security, data transfer, encryption, and file sharing
- ethics and consent
- data copyright
Each section contains:
- introductory powerpoint(s)
- presenter’s guide - where necessary
- exercises and introduction to exercises
The materials are presented as used in our own training courses and are mostly geared towards social scientists.
You can download individual modules from the relevant sections or download the whole resource in pdf format.