By pheus | October 3, 2011
Metadata Technology North America is looking for full-time Java developers with strong background in XML and web service technologies. We are seeking entry level programmers as well as a more senior individual that can potentially operate as both a Java developer and project manager. Individuals must be able to work independently and posses the ability to adapt existing knowledge to new applications and technologies.
Our company focus is on providing solutions for the management of socio-economic and health statistical data and metadata, leveraging the Data Documentation Initiative (DDI), the Statistical Data and Metadata Exchange (SDMX), and related XML specifications.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Strong Java development in a client / server environment
- Creative, quick learner, independent
- Solid expertise with XML and related technologies (XSL, XPath/XQuery, XSchema, SOAP, etc.)
- Development web service based J2EE applications
- Experience with the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment, including JUnit, Subversion, and JavaDocs
Familiarity with the following is desired but not required:
- Eclipse RCP framework
- Google Web Toolkit
- Spring framework
- Relational and/or native XML databases
- Apache XMLBeans
- Statistical data and software
- DDI, SDMX and related specifications
- Pentaho or similar BI/ETL platform
Positions are local to Knoxville, TN or Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Interested candidates should submit resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com.
Metadata Technology North America is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with Federal, State and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment. The company desires to keep a work environment free of sexual harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, age or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.