By Amy West | September 23, 2010
Your friendly web editors have some news about the IASSIST web presence!
We’re happy to report that we now have an official organizational Twitter account: [https://twitter.com/iassistdata. We hope to use this account to facilitate additional communication among IASSIST members.
Ways to view this Twitter account:
- https://www.iassistdata.org/ - Does not require Twitter account
- follow https://twitter.com/iassistdata (and we’ll follow you in return)
- subscribe to the RSS feed of https://twitter.com/iassistdata at https://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/156331061.rss - Does not require Twitter account
- original statements,
- republishing posts from other Twitter users (“retweeting” or RTs because, yes, “retweet” is a very silly word) and
- a reply to a specific Twitter user (an “@ reply” or a mention).
If you want to direct a post of your own to
- viewers of https://www.iassistdata.org,
- followers of the https://twitter.com/iassistdata account, and/or
- subscribers to the https://twitter.com/iassistdata RSS feed
then you should first follow https://twitter.com/iassistdata and second include “@iassistdata” somewhere in the post. Don’t worry though - even if you forget the “@iassistdata”, interesting posts about data will very likely be RT’d by https://twitter.com/iassistdata.
For any posts you wish to direct to https://twitter.com/iassistdata that are about the upcoming conference, we request that you use the tag “#iassist2011”. An archive of these posts has already been set up at https://twapperkeeper.com/hashtag/iassist2011. An example of what we mean would be
“Hey, @iassistdata - know of anyone in need of a ride to the airport at the end of #iassist2011?”
For those not familiar with Twitter and interested in trying it: