Posted to IASSIST on: 2022-10-13
Employer: Seton Hall University
Employer URL: https://www.shu.edu/
Research Information Management Librarian
Seton Hall University Libraries invites applications for our Research Information Management position. This is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty term position. We seek a tech savvy individual to work with faculty and systems to showcase, manage, and analyze SHU scholarly output. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Information Technology and Collection Services, the Research Information Management Librarian performs a variety of work with library faculty and staff, faculty departments, and campus partners to develop and implement research information management software, assist with the institutional repository and faculty metrics. The successful candidate will develop promotional material and provide training and support online and in-person for the SHU community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides consultation services to faculty for creating a faculty profile page and on the use of research metrics, from various bibliometric and altimetric resources
- Creates and maintains training and marketing material related to research information management
- Creates faculty research information profiles through working with Scopus, the institutional repository, ORCID, Faculty Success, etc.
- Prepares reports and presentations for faculty, departments and research centers
- Works closely with external vendors and campus partners to solve technical issues
- Participates in reference, teaching, data services and scholarly communications activities
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information studies.
- Minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience with institutional repository software such as Digital Commons
- Familiarity with scholarly metrics and digital identifiers such as ORCID
- Knowledge of Open Access principles
- Experience with project management
- Experience solving technical issues
- Experience with consulting, training and writing technical documentation
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Strong support for the strengths of a diverse environment, including, but not limited to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or veteran status.
- Experience with research information management tools,
- Understanding of research metrics and data sources (e.g. Scopus, Google Scholar)
- Experience with data visualization and data analysis
- Experience in website design, application of web accessibility standards, content management system support, XHTML, HTML, CSS, and text and image editing software
- Experience working with APIs
- Current knowledge of web and digital content technologies, and standards of interoperability, usability, and accessibility for the web
- Experience with designing and/or running user experience testing
- Interest in open educational resources and data sources.
- Experience with reference and teaching
Salary Grade: FA01 - Faculty
Physical Demands: General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
South Orange, NJ
More info/apply URL: https://jobs.shu.edu/en-us/job/495413/research-information-management-librarian
Archived on: 2022-11-28