Posted to IASSIST on: 2022-05-10
Employer URL: https://venturewell.org
Join a growing team of data professionals who are committed to using data science for good. As a Senior Data Systems Specialist at VentureWell you will create resources to help mission driven leaders visualize their impact in addressing the world’s most intractable challenges related to entrepreneurship and innovation in technology and sciences. We are looking for a colleague who is energized by empowering teams to share the “big picture” of their outcomes by wearing a consultative hat and guiding them through structuring and managing their data to enable using data for meaning making.
VentureWell is on a mission to cultivate a pipeline of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges and to create lasting impact. We foster collaboration among the best minds from research labs, classrooms, and beyond to advance innovation and entrepreneurship education and to provide unique opportunities for STEM students and researchers to fully realize their potential to improve the world.
Over the past 25 years, we’ve trained more than 3,000 early-stage innovation teams and helped launch over 850 ventures that have raised close to $1 billion in public and private investments. These ventures have reached millions of people in over 50 countries with technological advancements in fields such as biotechnology, healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings.
In this role you will:
- Develop intimate knowledge of assigned program area(s) to lead data management within the first 3 months on the team
- Engage with programmatic staff to create trusting consultative relationships that lead to deepened understanding of their data needs
- Build deep knowledge of our data architecture and integrate new programmatic data
- Partner with data engineering staff to design and develop new infrastructure to meet programmatic needs and maintaining reproducibility
- Lead data stewardship for assigned program area(s) including performing quality assurance processes, in collaboration with other data team members, to ensure the integrity of data
- Lead the development cycle and creation of compelling data products (e.g. data exports, visualizations) and share them using language that stakeholders understand
- Provide quick responses to data requests using your knowledge of program-related data assets
- Lead the development of new and contribute to existing codebases with the goal of improving organizational efficiency and data accuracy
- Partner with other senior technical staff to ensure consistency across our data platform
- Serve as a resource for best practices in data collection and management for internal departments
More info/apply URL: https://venturewell.org/careers/?gh_jid=6066675002
Archived on: 2022-07-01