Posted to IASSIST on: 2022-03-08
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Employer URL: https://www.newyorkfed.org/
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Research Information Services (RIS) provides information and data support to the Bank’s Research economists for their policy projects, Bank work, and scholarly publishing.
This role is core to providing customized research; developing and maintaining the content in internal Research databases; and delivering bespoke news alerts and digests. Reporting to the Head of Research Information Services, you will be responsible for streamlining access to digital content, evolving and maintaining the RIS intranet site, and delivering research and reference services within the Research Information Services team.
Your role as an Information Management Specialist:
- Fulfill challenging research requests to support Research economists’ business and develop bespoke alerting services, internal information products, trackers, and databases
- Proactively provide specialized advice and training to Research on information resources, management, and knowledge services
- Execute an end-to-end process for identification, acquisition, tagging and cataloging, retrieving, synthesizing, and sharing data and information for 2nd District business purposes
- Support Group, Bank, and System efforts to systematically ensure value is leveraged through discovery and sharing of collected, created, and contracted information as permitted
- Train and familiarize Research Analysts, Interns, and Economists on financial and economic information resources and data products
- Advises in developing policies, best practices, and strategies to enhance information management and services, and adhere to industry standards
- Participate in and lead System workgroups and integrate System requirements into the broader Information Management initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Experience conducting complex searches, thinking critically, and synthesizing economic and financial information into internal databases, digests and alerting services
- Aptitude at leveraging information hierarchies, meta data, and technology to support the design of tools for digital content and to evolve the RIS intranet site
- Strong communication skills and experience leading training sessions and collaborating with data users.
- Proficient with commercial news service, such as Factiva and Lexis-Nexis
- Familiarity with financial and economic data products, such as Bloomberg, Eikon, Capital IQ
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
Candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and receive a booster shot within 30 days of being eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an exemption based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
More info/apply URL: https://rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/FRS/job/New-York-NY/Information-Management-Specialist_R-0000007554-1
Archived on: 2022-06-01