Posted to IASSIST on: 2021-10-29
Employer: Federal Reserve Board
Employer URL: https://www.federalreserve.gov/
The data architect/chief position requires strong analytical and technical skills in order to help solve complex data integration problems in a forward-thinking manner for a highly collaborative, mission-driven, research organization. The position also requires strong managerial, strategic thinking, and communication skills in order to lead formal and informal teams to deliver solutions that work for a diverse array of stakeholders. A strong candidate for this position will have a demonstrated track record of having honed their skills through at least six years of specific work experience in a relevant field, such as data architecture or data engineering. Highly experienced and well-trained candidates that have developed their skills through other means also will be considered.
More specifically, candidates should possess expert knowledge of data-related technologies and have a demonstrated ability to solve problems of data users by developing effective data architectures, data pipelines, and related tools and processes. Successful candidates will have demonstrated strong leadership skills, including the fostering of an inclusive work environment, and delivering results that meet stakeholder requirements. Formal managerial experience is preferred, but not required. Candidates should demonstrate effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, and a strong customer service philosophy. Must be highly dependable and capable of exercising sound, independent judgment.
The chief’s primary responsibilities are to:
- Document the divisions’ current data architectures and maintain an accurate view of the division’s data ecosystem
- In conjunction with data users, data producers, division leadership, and other key stakeholders, develop and deliver a long-term vision and strategic goals for data architecture in the division
- Create short-term tactical solutions, advance toward long-term objectives, and develop an overall data lifecycle management roadmap
- Address data-related problems regarding systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement
- Guide the development of data pipelines, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality and promoting useability
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement
- Partner with IT service providers to select/build and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals
- Collaborate with Board and Federal Reserve System colleagues on projects involving enterprise or System-wide data
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the division, and in a manner consistent with guidance from the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO)
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards in collaboration with the OCDO
- Hands-on experience creating and managing enterprise-level data architecture for an organization
- Hands-on experience developing end-to-end data architectures, from the point of initial data ingestion to the management and transmission of finished products and services
- Hands-on experience developing and managing data architecture governance policies and procedures, and leading data architecture governance activities
- Hands-on experience designing complex data structures (at the conceptual, logical, and physical levels) to support different use cases (e.g., transaction processing, analytics) using different data representations (e.g., entity-relationship and data flow diagrams, JSON and XML schemas)
- Experience with cloud technologies and vendors (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Snowflake, MongoDB Atlas), including hands-on experience building solutions using their data-related products and services
- Experience with semantic data modeling to maintain the consistency and fitness of data and its relationships to support analytical use
- Understanding of Data and Solution Architecture, and how these disciplines relate to end-to-end solution design and the creation and maintenance of architectural patterns
- Understanding of programming or querying language(s) (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Scala)
Additional desirable skills/experience include:
- Experience working with Agile delivery teams to design technical solutions to meet business needs while aligning to the end-to-end data architecture for the organization
- Hands-on experience employing data management best practices as part of system analysis and solution definition work for highly complex systems
- Excellent understanding of key data security concepts (e.g., data masking, data encryption in transit and at rest) and the corresponding technologies to implement them
- Facilitation and negotiation skills, to support stakeholder decision-making and priority setting
- Experience leading teams to develop and deploy data visualizations in R, Tableau, or other tools
- Hands-on experience with DataOps
If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide a written statement that clearly articulates an enterprise-wide data architecture or data engineering challenge that you faced as well as the technical solution you developed and implemented. During a technical interview, you will be asked to describe in greater depth the approach you took, the tools you used, and the difficult decisions you had to make.
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Full vaccination for COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exception applies.
- Applications accepted until November 10, 2021
- US Citizenship is required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.
More info/apply URL: https://frbog.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=22735
Archived on: 2021-12-28