Posted to IASSIST on: 2021-04-29
Employer: Carnegie Mellon University
Employer URL: https://www.cmu.edu
Multiple Liaison Librarian Faculty Positions at Carnegie Mellon University Libraries
Carnegie Mellon University Libraries is inviting applications from collaborative, people-centered, technically skilled applicants who thrive in a creative, agile work environment. We have multiple library faculty-track positions open, including Liaison Librarians for Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Psychology and Social & Decision Sciences, and English and Drama. For more details about these four positions, see https://www.library.cmu.edu/about/work. We are also accepting applications from candidates meeting the qualifications but with subject expertise outside of these areas that support other disciplinary strengths of the University, particularly in humanities subject areas.
- We are seeking a diverse cohort of creative and engaged professionals to help us develop new models and frameworks for liaison librarianship. We are especially interested in people who can contribute to the academic community’s diversity and excellence through their research, instruction, and/or service and have a proven record of accomplishment in working with historically underrepresented and international students.
- In addition to the four liaison positions listed above, we are also accepting applications from candidates meeting the required and/or preferred qualifications but with subject expertise outside of these areas that support other disciplinary strengths of the University, particularly in humanities subject areas.
- These positions reside within the Libraries' Research and Academic Services and will be based at the Pittsburgh campus.
- You should have a strong background and/or interest in the relevant subject areas and understand the research life cycle.
- As a Liaison Librarian, you will be a member of the library faculty. Initial appointment rank and salary are commensurate with experience. To be considered for reappointment or promotion, you are encouraged to demonstrate excellence in librarianship and research or scholarship. Please visit: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/faculty/appointments-librarian-and-archivist.html
As a Liaison Librarian, under the leadership of the Associate Dean for Research and Academic Services, you will:
- Develop strong partnerships between the departments, centers, and institutes in your portfolio
- Acquire and maintain expertise in information trends and related subject areas
- Develop and assess innovative services and resources for the research, instruction, and learning communities within your portfolio and cross-disciplinary programs across the University
- Collaborate with a team of library faculty to develop and deliver information literacy curriculum for undergraduate and graduate students
- Assist in building and maintaining the libraries' print and electronic resource collections in response to the changing needs of faculty and students
- Work with library faculty and staff to provide innovative and responsive user-centred reference consultation services to the broader CMU community
- Work with vendors to identify, develop, train on, and educate the CMU community on new platforms or services
- Support data management services in collaboration with the Libraries' data curation specialist
- Be encouraged and supported in developing your research and scholarship program related to information science and librarianship or aspects of your disciplinary expertise
- Participate in governance and projects through various committees and working groups as assigned or elected at the library and University level
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution OR advanced degree in a relevant field
- Subject area background or academic coursework in related fields
- Ability to provide excellent reference, research, and instructional services to faculty, staff, and students
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with diverse groups, including colleagues, faculty, staff, students, and administrators
- Proven track record of working independently and as part of a team
- A track record of professional growth
- Proven record of success and dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including the ability to work well with a globally diverse student population
- A PhD or graduate degree in these fields or related subject areas
- Experience or familiarity with providing research services in an academic library setting
- Record of scholarly achievement or understanding of current issues in scholarly publishing and communication
- Experience with new technologies, tools, and trends in digital research and scholarship in related subject areas
- Knowledge of research life cycle in related research; experience using related research information resources
- Familiarity with research data management and data sharing, open science tools, and standard methodologies related to your portfolio subject areas
More info/apply URL: https://apply.interfolio.com/87095
Archived on: 2021-09-29