Posted to IASSIST on: 2020-07-02
Employer: University of Michigan, ICPSR
Employer URL: https://www.umich.edu
Data Curator at the Institute for Social Research (ISR)
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), the world’s largest archive of social science data, is now accepting applications for Data Curators. Data Curators develop functional understanding of research studies using deposited data and documentation and translate to secondary researchers through the creation of summary descriptions, metadata and other study documents.
We have a diverse staff with varying skills and experiences, and a collegial atmosphere that fosters communication and networking.
You will prepare social science research data and related materials for permanent archiving and sharing:
- Review data for issues related to respondent confidentiality;
- Use SPSS, SAS or Stata to review, clean, and recode data;
- Compile and edit documentation;
- Structure data and documentation files into ICPSR archival products for release and cataloging;
- Write study-level metadata descriptions;
- Prepare data and documentation for use with online data analysis tools;
- Conduct peer work quality checks.
You will communicate with staff and external partners:
- Communicate with ICPSR staff in other units, data producers, and depositors to resolve issues;
- Communicate project status and discuss priorities with your supervisor.
ISR Commitment to Diversity in Hiring
The Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
More info/apply URL: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/187317/data_curator
Archived on: 2021-02-05