Posted to IASSIST on: 2020-02-13
Employer: Virginia Tech
Employer URL: https://lib.vt.edu/
University Libraries at Virginia Tech is seeking a Health Sciences Studio Manager to support the operations of a new, innovative library space in the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute in Roanoke, Virginia. The library space will boast open work spaces, a 3D printing studio, a data visualization lab with a virtual reality/augmented reality studio, and a space that supports long-term team collaboration, and the Health Sciences Studio Manager will be responsible for ensuring the facility and technology housed within is in an orderly and operable condition. This position collaborates closely with the Head, Research Engagement to support the growth of the VTC Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke, Virginia, and the Health Sciences Studio Manager will also be expected to collaborate with the Vice President of Health Sciences Education and VTC departments to ensure programming and outreach services align with the research, teaching and learning goals of the HST campus.
- M.L.S. degree from an ALA-accredited graduate program or equivalent advanced degree in a position-related subject
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies, such as virtual reality or data science concepts in academia
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and troubleshoot in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative spirit, and customer-service experience required
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace and community
- Demonstrated experience in supporting new and emerging classroom and makerspace technologies (3D printers, VR/AR technology, data visualization, text and data mining, etc)
- Demonstrated evidence or strong background with biomedical information trends, tools, and resources
- Experience or strong interest in developing and delivering instruction for a variety of audiences
- Experience in supervising students
- Experience managing or coordinating the use of space(s)
- Experience in biomedical, informatics, or technology-driven environments
- Experience with conducting technology needs assessments
Salary: $52,000 minimum dependent upon qualifications and experience
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
More info/apply URL: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/512725/health-sciences-studio-mgr
Archived on: 2020-05-15