Posted to IASSIST on: 2019-10-10
Employer: University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign
Employer URL: https://www.library.illinois.edu/
The Engineering & Construction Services Facilities Information Resources Unit at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a GIS Specialist to help lead the expansion of Facilities Information Resources geographic information systems products and services. Facilities Information Resources (FIR) maintains documentation and information systems related to campus infrastructure, and offers value-added custom services to enhance campus preparedness, awareness, knowledge and efficiency. The department is comprised of four units: Mapping and Drafting, Graphic Design, Records and Library, and Space Inventory.
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Information Management Coordinator this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, development, and coordination of the Mapping and Drafting unit. The GIS Specialist is also responsible for production work involving development and maintenance of FIR Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Energy Services, Utility Distribution Staff; managing, documenting and maintaining the University’s utility distribution systems GIS data.
- Work collaboratively with Facilities & Services (F&S) IT unit to develop and maintain client ESRI ArcGIS web applications and services with ASP.NET, Java,
- Work collaboratively with F&S IT to develop, deploy, and maintain GIS applications built with ArcGIS extensions and ArcGIS Server.
- Utilize ESRI’s suite of ArcGIS software applications with relational databases including MS Access and SQL Server.
- Manage and maintain Facilities Information Resources' GIS data in SQL Server SDE environment.
- Coordinate cross-unit initiatives to standardize controls and access to GIS related resources.
- Develop custom maps for Facilities Information Resources, F&S, and campus Use Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment to collect data.
- Conduct fieldwork to verify facility management information.
- Supervise student staff, prioritize work.
- Train staff on the use of GIS applications.
- Assume appropriate related additional duties to further the mission of the unit.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required in Geographic Information Science (GIS), Computer Science, or other related field.
Minimum Required Work Experience: Two (2) years of experience working with Geographic Information Systems. One (1) year of experience developing ArcGIS web service applications Two (2) years of experience working with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcSDE
Archived on: 2020-01-08