Posted to IASSIST on: 2019-07-08
Employer: Cornell University
Employer URL: https://www.cornell.edu/
Catherwood Library at Cornell University invites diverse applications for the position of ILR Research and Data Librarian. We are seeking a curious, proactive, and collaborative individual to join the Research and Learning Services department. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the ILR Research and Data Librarian will provide targeted research support and instruction to the ILR School and broader disciplinary communities in labor and employment relations, with a focus on social science data discovery, analysis, and management. The incumbent will work with a cohesive team of reference staff and collaborate with other data support stakeholders within CUL and across the university.
Catherwood Library particularly welcomes diverse, entry-level librarian applicants seeking to grow their data expertise, specialize in the study of work, and serve a close-knit and diverse School community.
Interested parties should submit a CV, cover letter, diversity statement and three references via the Cornell Careers site.
- MLS from ALA-accredited library/information science graduate program or equivalent graduate degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant library public service experience
- Experience using statistical software for quantitative data analysis and visualization
- Experience using and teaching others to use library resources, including bibliographic and full-text databases, web resources, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity
- Demonstrated library research or teaching experience in the social sciences
- Subject knowledge specific to an applied social science field
- Subject knowledge in ILR or related fields, including academic coursework in appropriate fields (e.g. Human resource studies, labor law, international labor, organizational behavior, labor economics, social statistics or labor history)
Archived on: 2020-01-08