Posted to IASSIST on: 2019-04-05
Employer: Philadelphia Federal Statistical Research Data Center
Employer URL: http://web.sas.upenn.edu/pfsrdc/
The U.S. Census Bureau will hire one full-time or two part-time Research Data Center Administrator(s) (RDC Admin) at the Philadelphia Federal Statistical Research Data Center (FSRDC) this year. Qualified candidates will have a research background and experience managing projects. The anticipated start date will be in the summer or fall of 2019.
The Philadelphia FSRDC, located at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, provides a secure environment where qualified researchers conduct approved statistical research using restricted micro-level data collected by the Census Bureau, the National Center for Health Statistics, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Bureau of Economic Analysis, and other federal agencies. The Philadelphia FSRDC is operated by a consortium of institutions, including Drexel University, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania State University, Temple University, and the University of Pennsylvania. The Philadelphia FSRDC is part of the FSRDC network administered by the Center for Enterprise Dissemination at the U.S. Census Bureau. Further details on the network, data available, and research conducted in FSRDCs can be found at https://www.census.gov/ces/index.html.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting researchers from many disciplines, including economics, geography, health services, epidemiology, sociology, demography, social work, urban planning, business, environmental science, and data science in developing successful proposals and conducting research at the Philadelphia FSRDC.
- Reviewing researcher output produced at the Philadelphia FSRDC for compliance with Census disclosure standards.
- Overseeing daily operations of the Philadelphia FSRDC lab.
- Serving as a liaison between the Census Bureau and the Philadelphia FSRDC.
- Assisting the Executive Directors in marketing the center to the research community in Philadelphia and beyond.
The position requires U.S. citizenship.
The ideal candidate for the full-time Administrator position will have, or be working toward, an advanced degree in economics, demography, sociology, or a related field; experience in multiple disciplines; a background in statistical methods; and strong organizational skills.
Archived on: 2020-01-02