Posted to IASSIST on: 2019-04-04
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Employer URL: https://www.dallasfed.org/
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. At the Fed, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference.
The Research department is seeking a *Librarian
- to be located in Dallas, TX. The Librarian will play a vital role in acquiring and managing data assets and information resources to meet the needs of the Research department and other stakeholders in the Bank and System.
- Establishes collaborative networks and relationships with Dallas Fed researchers, staff in other Reserve Banks, and represents the Bank on Federal Reserve System committees and initiatives.
- Consults with research staff on identifying and finding relevant datasets, evaluation of datasets, enhancing existing and new data collections, and documenting data use cases.
- Coordinates the data acquisition process, working with primary stakeholders, data providers Legal and Procurement departments, and Federal Reserve System Librarians, in the procurement of datasets.
- Represents researchers’ needs in negotiation of data contracts with third parties.
- Maintains the catalog of data resources and provides support to users ensuring appropriate use, storage, and disposition of data and derivative works.
- Provides reference/research support services to the Research department and other stakeholders in the Bank and System.
- Provides outreach and training to promote library resources and services within the Bank and provides or coordinates training on data related resources and services.
- Works with technical staff to ensure optimal data storage.
- Monitors accuracy, consistency, and usability of data to ensure users will find the information requested.
- Utilizes expertise in research data management, councils research staff on making research data accessible after publication.
- Excellent customer service focus.
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, business and, secondarily, government culture and organization; knowledge of the financial services industry and Federal Reserve System is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of economics, banking, and finance related data providers and their products is preferred.
- Reference experience required (data reference experience a plus), good understanding of/ exposure to or familiarity with data storage technologies and analytical software.
Archived on: 2020-01-02