Posted to IASSIST on: 2018-11-17
Employer URL: https://venturewell.org/
The Data Integration Specialist works collaboratively with other members of the IT team in setting standards for database structures and integrations that enable advanced reporting and insights.
Primary responsibilities will include creating and managing the integration of data collection tools and our data repository as part of VentureWell’s evolving platform, and providing technical support to end users. Workflows and standards created by the Data Integration Specialist will be used widely to move and transform data, preparing it for reporting and further analysis and consumption.
- Establishes standards for workflow design as well as database structures, based upon feedback from colleagues, industry trends, and best practices.
- Creates and manages new database structures (fields, layouts, views, etc.) and validates collected data using other sources to assist the reporting and analysis of survey data.
- Administers and configures integration of survey tools to Salesforce.
- Collaborates with other members of the IT team to ensure that integrations align with existing platform architecture and strategies.
- Serves as a main IT point of contact for Evaluation team related to data collection and integration.
- Communicates technical concepts to other staff and key stakeholders who have little to no technical ability.
- Develops and documents IT operational processes, methodologies and associated training related to system integrations.
- May conduct software needs assessment(s) and make recommendations to meet business needs and optimize data integration.
- BS/BA required
- Experience working within a complex integration environment.
- Experience with designing data storage solutions for reporting purposes and ensuring data integrity or “cleanliness.”
- Possesses technical and quantitative reasoning skills for understanding survey questionnaires, research methodologies, and the purpose of the research.
- Familiarity with survey data variable types and nuances.
- Experience with CRM and/or relational databases, preference given to Salesforce.com. Experience with data collection tools, preference given to Cvent, SurveyGizmo, FormAssembly
- Active learner who adopts new tools and work processes quickly and solves problems creatively and independently. Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Ability to manage one’s time and multiple projects with a positive, flexible attitude in a complex and rapidly changing work environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate and synthesize information in a compelling and organized manner.
Archived on: 2018-11-05