Posted to IASSIST on: 2018-11-05
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Employer URL: https://www.clevelandfed.org/
**Position Summary ** An exciting opportunity exists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland to serve as a member of the Research Library staff focused on Data Services and Scholarly Communication. The individual in this role will play a vital role in managing procured data assets and in supporting scholarly communication. Essential Accountabilities
- Consult with researchers on resource needs for their projects through regular data reference.
- Maintain and share knowledge of local and System data collections, and stay abreast of additional resources, both open and licensed, to determine solutions.
- Provide data management services to researchers, including offering support for using and managing data in compliance with license terms, internal information security requirements, and data management policies and best practices.
- Develop understanding of how local IT infrastructure and Bank and System policies impact access to data resources.
- Represent researchers' needs in negotiation of data contracts with third parties.
- Create, monitor accuracy, consistency, and usability of metadata to ensure Library users will find information requested.
- Work with Library and Research staff to develop and implement a program to keep FRBC research practices current on open access and scholarly communication issues in the digital environment.
- Provide Library Reference customer service to Bank employees, Federal Reserve System contacts, and the public by responding to information requests.
- Establish dynamic, collaborative networks and relationships with researchers and with staff in other Reserve Banks, participating in Federal Reserve System committees and initiatives.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to increase personal knowledge and skills to improve services and reflect best practices.
- Adhere to the Bank’s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested. ** **
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science.
- 3+ years of related work experience required.
- Experience/strong familiarity with economics-, banking-, and finance-related concepts, datasets, and other information.
- Knowledge of major data providers and their products (e.g., S&P, Thomson Reuters)
- Experience with scripting languages and/or tools for data manipulation (e.g. Python, SQL, R, Stata, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with copyright and related issues as they support the creation and dissemination of scholarship, such as author’s rights, open access, archiving rights, institutional repositories, and scholarly publishing, is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and track workflow efficiently. Strong multi-tasker.
Archived on: 2018-11-05