Posted to IASSIST on: 2018-02-01
Employer: University of Houston Libraries
Employer URL: https://libraries.uh.edu/
The University of Houston is committed to advancing open educational resources and open education. This is a new position and we seek a dynamic leader to collaborate across the university to build an OER program that is responsive to student and faculty needs and promotes new models for student success.
Reporting to the Head of Liaison Services within the University Libraries, this position will lead the planning, implementation, and assessment of a University of Houston Open Educational Resources (OER) program. The coordinator will serve as a member of the University OER Advisory Committee and will engage campus stakeholders, including faculty, students, the university Office of Faculty Engagement and Development, and campus instructional designers in the development and implementation of the program. This position will coordinate library OER services, including assisting faculty in identifying appropriate OER materials and curating sources and support materials.
As a member of the Liaison Services department, the coordinator will collaborate with subject and functional specialists to promote OER adoption throughout the undergraduate curriculum. This position will also be responsible for implementing and coordinating a professional development program for faculty and librarians to support the adoption, adaptation, and creation of high-quality OER course materials. This position will provide guidance to faculty on open licensing and copyright in collaboration with the UH Libraries’ Copyright Team. The coordinator will also promote best practices on accessibility, archiving, assessment, attribution, and resource sharing in collaboration with the Libraries’ Digital Research Services department. The incumbent will have opportunities to develop expertise in these areas.
The Open Educational Resources Coordinator is a librarian position. Librarians hold academic rank pursuant to the University of Houston Librarians’ Bylaws. They are expected to develop a record of service, scholarship, and professional development. The UH Libraries support the ongoing professional development of librarians and our goal is to recruit librarians committed to continuous learning.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program; or appropriate combination of a relevant advanced degree and experience
- Knowledge or experience regarding the best practices associated with the adoption, adaptation, and creation of OERs
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively with stakeholders to build programs and initiatives
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with open data sets and licensing
- Familiarity with assessment methods
- Familiarity with copyright, open licensing options, fair use, author rights, archiving rights, institutional repositories, scholarly publishing, associated legal and policy issues
- Familiarity with trends in open education and the intersection with scholarly communications
Archived on: 2018-08-24