Posted to IASSIST on: 2018-01-23
Employer: Canadian Institute of Health Information (CIHI)
Employer URL: https://www.cihi.ca/en
The Program Lead, Information Quality, is a member of the Information Quality management team. The Program Lead works within an interdisciplinary matrix team providing leadership for the development, implementation and improvement of corporate information quality tools and processes.
The key function of this role will be to lead the development of the Corporate Metadata Improvement Program, which has been set up to improve the consistency of and access to metadata on CIHI’s data and information. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing a metadata roadmap that supports CIHI’s strategic goals and implementation of key change initiatives currently underway (in particular the Modernizing Data Supply and Access initiative). This role requires extensive collaboration with many areas across CIHI and with external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides leadership for the metadata strategy and roadmap. Leads all the activities, tasks and responsibilities associated with the planning, prioritization, implementation and evaluation within this program of work.
Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Supervise, coach, coordinate and monitor work, workload and performance of staff to ensure that quality is maintained and that learning opportunities are provided. Conducts annual performance management reviews.
Develops an understanding of the needs of internal and external metadata users, current business processes and systems relating to metadata across the organization.
Leverages industry standards and best practices to develop and implement standards, policies, guidelines, tools and metrics for managing metadata.
Develops and maintains project plans including the development of the project scope, identifying milestones and resource requirements. Collaborates with other departments to ensure metadata needs are understood and incorporated into existing projects, where required. Develops Gantt charts as needed. Monitors project progress, reports on project status, manages resources, identifies issues and makes recommendations to the manager.
Lead organizational change management as required to enable implementation of the metadata roadmap.
Establish and maintain relevant contacts with various organizations with metadata initiatives, such as Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES), Manitoba Centre for Health Policy (MCHP), Statistics Canada, and Ontario Data Documentation, Extraction Service and Infrastructure (ODESI).
In collaboration with the Manager and other Information Quality program leads, provides support in the planning and execution of other information quality initiatives.
Contributes to the overall planning activities for the Information Quality department, including the development and monitoring of the department’s operational plan and budget, communicating with departments on areas of interest and priorities.
Respect privacy and confidentiality of information by following policies in Privacy and Confidentiality of Health Information at CIHI and related procedures and directives.
Promote the organization, its products and services, through participation on external committees, presentations and/or attendance at provincial, national and international conferences, preparation of articles for publication and other activities as
- Graduate degree in health studies/services research, library/information science, epidemiology or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience. Experience in management and use of data and/or metadata. Understanding of common challenges with the quality, dissemination and use of data is required.
- Excellent customer-focus, communication and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex information.
- Experience working with large complex systems with an understanding of relational and non-relational data structures, concepts and data models.
- Knowledge of statistical metadata standards and best practices (e.g. the General Statistical Information Model (GSIM), the Generic Statistical Business Process Model (GSBPM), the Data Documentation Initiative (DDI), and the Statistical Data and Metadata Management Exchange standard (SDMX)).
- Operational experience with SAS, Oracle/SQL or other data management/quality assurance software.
- Familiarity with industry standards metadata and knowledge management technologies and practices (XML, JSON, RDF) is an asset.
- Knowledge of CIHI’s databases is an asset.
- Ability to fulfill occasional travel requirements.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
Archived on: 2018-01-30