Posted to IASSIST on: 2017-08-14
Employer: The University of Houston
Employer URL: http://www.uh.edu/
The University of Houston Libraries seeks a social sciences liaison librarian to act as liaison to the School of Communication, and the departments of Political Science, Economics, and Sociology within the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. In addition to responsibilities for collection development, instruction, outreach, and research support for these departments, the position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the UH Libraries effort to advance digital research services. The successful candidate will have opportunities to collaborate with the Data Librarian and the Coordinator of Research Support to contribute to research services that facilitate faculty and student digital research projects. These opportunities will further the success of a new Digital Research Commons in the library. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop expertise with digital research tools and services. The successful candidate will also work proactively to enhance information literacy education to upper-level undergraduate and graduate programs.
Librarians hold academic rank pursuant to the University of Houston Librarians' Bylaws Document. They are expected to develop a record of service, scholarship, and professional involvement. The UH Libraries support the ongoing professional development of librarians and our goal is to recruit librarians committed to continuous learning.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and strong service orientation
- Ability to work strategically in a complex, changing environment
- Proven capacity to work effectively and collegially in teams with staff at all levels as well as faculty and students.
- Degree or significant coursework in the social sciences with an emphasis on either communication, political science, economics, or sociology; or professional experience working with relevant social sciences departments and/or students and faculty in a research library setting
- Demonstrated awareness of faculty and graduate student needs at a research institution
- Experience in library instruction and assessment
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital research trends and tools
Archived on: 2017-08-18