Posted to IASSIST on: 2016-12-16
Employer: Boston College
Employer URL: http://www.bc.edu/
O’Neill Library is seeking an innovative and collaborative individual focused on data and visualization services to contribute to a growing digital initiatives team. Working with Assessment and as part of a Digital Scholarship team in support of digital teaching and research, the Data and Visualization Librarian will play a central role in the development and provision of Library services for manipulation, visualization and management of qualitative and quantitative datasets. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in emerging trends, tools, technologies, and practices supporting data and visualization in research and will have hands-on experience with key tools in the field.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited institution or a related field.
- Relevant and demonstrable academic, research, or professional experience with data cleaning and related tools, such as OpenRefine.
- Demonstrable academic or professional experience with creating visualizations, including experience with data visualization tools, software and libraries, such as Tableau and/or D3.js.
- Knowledge of best practices for data and visualization topics.
- Basic knowledge of geospatial data and technologies, including web mapping and Geographic Information Systems.Experience with data mining and/or text mining.
- Experience with a programming language such a Python. Experience with statistical packages such as R, STATA, SPSS, or SAS.
- Experience with SQL.
- Advanced degree in a data intensive research field, such a statistics or informatics, or certification in a data science related field.
- Experience working in an academic library setting.
Archived on: 2016-12-23