Posted to IASSIST on: 2016-11-14
Employer: University of Edinburgh
Employer URL: http://www.ed.ac.uk/
This is a pivotal moment in EDINA’s history, operating in the exciting growth areas of Data Science, Digital Publishing and Educational Software. The candidate will have a huge degree of freedom in this role and a unique chance to shape the future of EDINA. We are seeking a highly motivated and visionary leader to operate as an entrepreneur. The successful candidate will inherit an impressive existing organisation of highly intelligent staff, developers, project managers, research experts, service managers, research support and domain experts in Geospatial, Publishing and Educational software and Library products and services. The organisation has an excellent portfolio of existing products and services with a solid and expanding customer base. You will be able to leverage, and be a critical part of, a globally successful and ambitious university.
Responsible for the annual budget and five-year strategic plan, the successful candidate will identify, develop and secure external funding and partnerships to support the national and international services, platforms, products, best practice advice projects and innovation. As a member of the ISG senior management team, the post-holder will have the opportunity to contribute to the University’s mission, provide leadership and ensure close collaboration across the ISG and the University. EDINA is a division with a headcount of around 60.
Overall the main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Strategic leadership, vision and management for the EDINA division.
- Strategic portfolio ownership of the suite of brands within EDINA.
- National & International leadership both promoting the products and innovating to ensure their evolving best practice and success.
- Increasing engagement with the University and contribute to the University’s mission.
- Generate income and funding to support the ongoing sustainability of the services, products and projects.
- Diversify income and funding streams, while expanding internationally.
- Ensure strong relationship building and engagement with key partners or funding agencies.
- Secure and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships both with private entities (UK & Overseas) and also with Scottish Government.
- We are looking to engage with individuals with a proven track-record of successful leadership and a strong commercial background, particularly in Sales & Marketing and/or a successful background in management or fundraising for research and development.
- Experience of moving innovative projects and ideas through to sustainable services is key.
- International Business Development experience at Enterprise Level would be a plus, especially in a Technology related industry.
Archived on: 2016-11-29