Posted to IASSIST on: 2016-09-26
Employer: Purdue University
Employer URL: http://www.purdue.edu
Purdue University Libraries seeks an innovative, user-focused, and research savvy Director of Assessment to lead its evidence-based assessment initiative to achieve strategic objectives, inform decision-making, and heighten the impact of the Libraries faculty and the services, resources and facilities of Libraries. The Director of Assessment will lead and coordinate all assessment activities across Libraries, collaborating with stakeholders within Libraries and throughout Purdue University to ensure that assessment and evaluation practices are aligned with strategic objectives, the accurate collection of data, and the development of actionable outcomes. The Director of Assessment will provide analysis, interpretation and recommendations based on assessment programs across Libraries to inform strategic planning, strategic communication, and decision-making processes at all levels. The Director of Assessment will report to the Dean of Libraries. Essential Functions:
- Document and define the Purdue Libraries’ story through its effectiveness in fulfilling its mission to Purdue University.
- Strengthen and support a culture of assessment and evidence-based practice throughout the Purdue Libraries, documenting progress on fulfilling objectives in the Libraries’ strategic plan.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data from a variety of sources internal and external to Libraries.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of internal and external surveys, support the development of assessment tools, and subsequent interpretation of results.
- Coordinate Libraries assessment activities with campus-wide assessment and analytics initiatives at Purdue
- Promote and share expertise in assessment within Libraries through consultation, collaborative development of assessment programs, and participation in staff training and development opportunities.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data for national and system-wide reporting requirements and other internal Library needs, through surveys, focus groups, vendor-supplied data, observations, web analytics, and other methodologies as appropriate.
- Compile reports detailing relevant and useful findings from the gathered data, and provide analysis (including longitudinal studies) and other context as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Libraries initiatives related to outreach, development, strategic communication, and other administrative needs to successfully disseminate Libraries’ adaptive growth in a rapidly changing scholarly environment.
- Master’s degree in the Social Sciences or a related statistical fields with coursework in and application of statistical methods, qualitative methods, and research design.
- Two years of experience developing and implementing assessment strategies in higher education or other complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, organize, and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated, consistent excellence, and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Doctoral Degree in the social sciences or related statistical fields with coursework in and application of statistical methods, qualitative methods, and research design.
- Experience assessing undergraduate student learning of information literacy skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessment techniques for student learning and learning spaces.
- Commitment to organizational development and service quality.
- Experience conducting analysis and creating customized reports using quantitative data analysis or statistical software applications such as SPSS, SAS, Stata or R.
- Experience conducting analysis and creating customized reports using qualitative data analysis or statistical software applications such as NVivo or ATLAS.ti.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience with project management.
Archived on: 2016-09-09