Posted to IASSIST on: 2016-03-16
Employer: United States Special Operations Command
Employer URL: http://www.socom.mil/default.aspx
United States Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, NC requires a Data Analytics and Management Librarian with a minimum US SECRET clearance for an initial three month period from approximately 1 April – 30 June 2016. Librarian will provide consulting and instruction for data analytics and management activities including: helping prepare data for analysis and sharing, constructing data management plans, and advising on best practices of managing research data.
- Conceptualizes, plans, and implements descriptive framework and practices for this repository. Serves as the leader for adopting technologies related to creation and use of metadata and for standardizing descriptive metadata practice across formats, projects, and programs, to facilitate digital preservation and access.
- Analyzes current organizational taxonomy and ontology for recommended improvements and for implementation of those improvements as directed.
- The taxonomy covers a wide array of terms across various functions, roles and responsibilities in a Joint military environment. The primary use of the enhanced taxonomy and ontology will be to enable metadata standardization and tagging across a variety of IT platforms— primarily SharePoint and file shares and the search indices for both. The organization is currently working to implement
- SmartLogic metadata tagging solution across the enterprise; the improved taxonomy/ontology will be used as the baseline for development of tagging rules and relationships.
- Develops training for the organization’s information architecture team to enhance their knowledge and understanding and develops training for organizational information owners in order to improve their proficiency and understanding of the value of tagging.
- Provides consultations, planning, and instruction for data analytics and management for both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Masters degree in a field requiring data management expertise plus experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with data management (data transformation, data verification, and coding skills) and use in a variety of contexts, such as an academic research library, corporate library, medical library, medical center or US Government.
- Experience working with metadata tools such as Semaphore, Excel or OpenRefine.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to describe and organize information in SharePoint
- Experience managing large datasets, including data segmentation and staging
Archived on: 2016-04-01