Posted to IASSIST on: 2016-02-05
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Employer URL: https://www.chicagofed.org/
The Wholesale Credit Risk Center (WCRC) manages a database that stores several confidential, licensed and open source datasets. These data are used across the system for both supervision and research purposes and the data management team is constantly looking to serve our users more efficiently. The WCRC has the infrastructure for an online, searchable data dictionary and is looking for an intern who can develop content in a detailed and consistent manner.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to enhance and develop tools around data management services with a strong focus on metadata. Tasks will include building out a large scale data dictionary to support research, analytics and modeling needs; improving quality of data services; and working with key stakeholders in the identification of long-term data lifecycle management objectives.
Desired skill set
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independentlyFamiliarity with databases, data analytics or basic computer programming is a plus
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or recent graduate in Library and Information Science (MLIS) or related
- Coursework in metadata, data sciences or information description
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents with the intent to become U.S. Citizens
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Archived on: 2016-02-18