Posted to IASSIST on: 2016-01-06
Employer: Georgia State University Library
Employer URL: http://library.gsu.edu/
Georgia State University Library seeks a collegial, entrepreneurial, and hands-on Digital Scholarship Librarian skilled at using technology to support interdisciplinary digital projects in a wide array of subject areas, including but not limited to the digital humanities. The Digital Scholarship Librarian will be engaged in the exploration of new forms of online scholarship, and in partnering with scholars on the development, implementation, assessment, enhancement and maintenance of sustainable digital projects.
The successful candidate will partner with university faculty and staff, and with colleagues and units within the library, to lead digital scholarship projects. Projects may involve the use of data sets, spatial analytical tools and interactive maps, text mining and qualitative analysis, 3D visualization and modeling, and designing online exhibits, among other possibilities. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, and is open to experimentation, expanding the research library’s role, and exploring new faculty collaborations outside the library to further digital scholarship, new forms of publishing, and scholarly engagement. Georgia State University librarians hold non-tenure track faculty rank and are expected to engage in service and scholarly activities.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science, or related graduate degree and experience.
- Knowledge of research tools and technologies in digital scholarship (e.g., digitization, text mining, data visualization, mapping, image analysis, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in order to manage digital scholarship projects.
- Strong understanding of current issues and research in digital scholarship and new forms of publishing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Two (2) years of experience in an academic library, special library, or digital scholarship center
- Additional advanced degree in a relevant subject area
- Experience with digital scholarship platforms (e.g. Fedora, Omeka, DHP Press, etc.)
- Experience in project management
- Experience with grant writing
- Demonstrated ability to participate in professional activity and scholarship
Archived on: 2016-01-08