Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-12-03
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Employer URL: https://www.kansascityfed.org
The Center for the Advancement of Data and Research in Economics (CADRE) at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City supports economic research activities across the Federal Reserve System and with external research partners. CADRE provides services for finding, organizing, and sharing information and research in three areas: technology, data curation and content curation, and support. CADRE is developing its data curation service as part of its mission to support, enhance and advance data or computationally intensive research in economics.
The Data Curator will play a vital role in establishing best practices for our data curation program, including the long-term preservation of and access to research data and derivative works. The Data Curator will work with researchers to document, store, identify, and disseminate research outputs. The Data Curator will also support broader research efforts through training, institutional repository maintenance and development, and as a liaison to technology and other System business areas.
- PhD in a data-intensive research field (economics or other social science, business, finance, or technology).
- Expertise in supporting social science research including an understanding of issues related to data or computationally intensive research and scholarly publishing.
- Strong knowledge of issues and developments in institutional repositories.
- Strong awareness of both national and international trends and developments in research data curation and management as well as metadata standards and best practices in digital curation
- Strong knowledge of research infrastructure, tools, and standards for preservation, data formats and migration, discovery and access.
- Library or information school coursework or degree preferred.
- Curation and/or data archival experience. Some expertise in data storage technologies and curation or archival platform products.
Archived on: 2015-12-07