Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-09-29
Employer: Ohio State University
Employer URL: https://www.osu.edu/
The Ohio State University (OSU) Libraries seeks a dynamic and self-motivated librarian for the position of Social Sciences Librarian. This tenure-track librarian has primary responsibility for providing user centered services in support of teaching, research, and scholarship related to the departments of Anthropology, Economics, and the School of Communication. The librarian approaches delivery of services with creativity and innovation to align with the Libraries’ Strategic Plan and to operate within the Engaged Librarian Framework. Hallmarks of success will include building strong partnerships, deepening engagement, managing collections, and leveraging technology to collaborate with the world class and renowned faculties in these subject areas
- An ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree
- Enthusiasm for engagement with Social Sciences faculty and students about their research, teaching, learning,and information needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Sciences discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of leadership potential, including excellent interpersonal and written skills and ability to perform in a complex, interdisciplinary team environment and to communicate with a wide range of constituencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with emerging technologies and their application in libraries and higher education.
- Interest in professional development and research.
Archived on: 2015-09-29