Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-09-02
Employer: Purdue University
Employer URL: http://www.purdue.edu/
The Repository Outreach Specialist works with colleagues in the Libraries, the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships, and Information Technology at Purdue to provide conduct outreach, training, and help to coordinate the on-going operation, support, and improvement of the Purdue University Research Repository (PURR, http://purr.purdue.edu) institutional data repository service. The position serves as the primary point of contact for PURR and collaborates on the further development and support of PURR as well as other initiatives of the Distributed Data Curation Center (D2C2) of the Libraries.
- Master’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a dynamic organization and environment.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally.
- MLS (Masters of Library Science) from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience preparing and giving presentations or training.
- Experience working in an academic research environment or managing research outputs.
- Knowledge of current issues and developments in library and archival science in the domain of research data curation and scholarly communication.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations for outreach and training.
- Ability to interact with faculty, staff and students from different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, execute, and document effective practices, projects, services, and policies related to research data management.
Archived on: 2015-09-02