Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-08-24
Employer: Princeton University
Employer URL: http://www.princeton.edu/main/
The Princeton University Library seeks a talented, energetic, service-oriented professional to support the University’s increased focus on quantitative data research across areas including politics, public policy, international studies, energy and environment, financial engineering, entrepreneurship, economics, sociology, population, public health, education, biology, psychology and the humanities. This position provides specialized reference and research services in discovering and understanding quantitative and analytical sources. Actively participates in a team environment to develop and efficiently implement instructional, outreach, research and reference services to Princeton University students and faculty and works closely with subject librarians to support their liaison role to departments and programs offering courses which require quantitative research. Creates research guides to promote access to analytical and data sources. This librarian represents Princeton in the relevant regional, national, and international professional and scholarly organizations. This position is part of the Research and Instructional Services Department, reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Research and Instructional Services.
- An ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library/information science by date of hire or equivalent combination of education & professional library experience in a quantitative social science or science such as politics, sociology, economics, business or environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully and collegially with a diverse group of scholars and colleagues.
- Strong familiarity with academic research incorporating quantitative data; expertise with statistical databases.
- Undergraduate or higher degree in a social science or science discipline.
- Experience conducting instruction in an academic setting or experience with public outreach programs or equivalent experience with instruction, outreach, and assistance for individual researchers.
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
Archived on: 2015-08-24