Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-07-23
Employer: Reed College
Employer URL: http://www.reed.edu/
Reed College, founded in 1908 is one of the country’s leading liberal arts and sciences colleges, providing an intellectually rigorous undergraduate experience. Reed College is devoted to the intrinsic value of intellectual pursuit and is governed by the highest standards of scholarly practice, critical thought, and creativity. The goal of the Reed education is that students learn and demonstrate rigor and independence in their habits of thought, inquiry and expression. Reed College values cultural diversity and intellectual pluralism as critical components of academic excellence. In support of this endeavor, we are seeking a *Data Services Librarian
- to join our staff.
The Data Services Librarian provides leadership, instruction, and support in the discovery, use, and management of locally and externally available data. This position will collaborate with librarians, instructional technologists, and other staff to develop scalable and sustainable data services to support student and faculty research at Reed. We seek enthusiastic candidates who welcome the opportunity to play a leadership role in providing library services in an intensely academic community.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library and information science and minimum of one year of professional library experience or any combination of education and experience that provides the desired knowledge, abilities, and skills required to perform the job.
- Experience with or knowledge of data management and curation.
- Ability to provide reference and instruction services in an academic library environment.
- A strong interest in undergraduate liberal arts education.
- Competence with tools and methodologies for quantitative, data-driven research.
- Familiarity with major national funding agencies data management protocol requirements and data archival procedures.
- Knowledge of quantitative methods and data management and curation, including preservation, metadata, and data retrieval.
Archived on: 2015-07-26