Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-07-15
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Employer URL: https://www.minneapolisfed.org/
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is seeking a Data Librarian for the Research Library. The Research Library, which is co-located in the Research Division, provides services to Research Economists and affiliated scholars.
- Provide research and reference service including locating data and supporting documentation and performing in-depth bibliographic searching.
- Negotiate data contracts with third parties and manage compliance with licensing requirements.
- Perform analysis of data use in Minneapolis Fed Research publications.
- Create and maintain a process for data lifecycle management, including recording requests, disseminating contract terms to users, managing access to data, and archiving and preserving data.
- Manage compliance of internally created and purchased data with Federal Reserve information security requirements.
- Develop expertise in data archiving options and assist users with data preservation activities.
- Enhance accessibility of purchased and created datasets through the assignment of metadata.
- Test data quality through profiling activities.
- Participate in Federal Reserve System data committees and initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Library, Information, or Data Sciences or a related field.
- 3 years of related experience in a library, data center, or similar setting.
- Ability to work well in a team-based and self-directed environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lift/carry 10 pounds.
- Experience with data management tools and/or statistical software preferred.
Archived on: 2015-07-17