Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-07-08
Employer: Georgia State University
Employer URL: https://www.gsu.edu
Georgia State University Library seeks an enthusiastic, collegial and service-oriented manager and librarian to lead the newly-created Digital Research Services Team. As part of the Research and Engagement Department, the Team Leader leads one of three teams within the department, and is the direct supervisor for 4-6 librarians and/or content specialists, serving as their primary mentor and advocate.
The team leader will facilitate librarian support of interdisciplinary data services (involving quantitative, qualitative, business, and spatial/GIS data) and digital scholarship projects in collaboration with faculty,staff, and students from across the university. The Team Leader also serves as the subject librarian for one or more academic departments.
Georgia State University librarians hold faculty rank and are expected to engage in service and scholarly activities.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with university faculty, staff, and students
- Experience building relationships across disciplines
- Thorough understanding of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries
- Thorough knowledge of software and research tools used to support quantitative, qualitative, business, and spatial/GIS data services
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in an academic library
- Supervisory experience
- ALA-accredited MLS
- Ability to pass a background check
- Supervisory experience in an academic library
- Demonstrated expertise with two or more quantitative, qualitative, business, and/or spatial data software packages
- Experience developing digital projects in collaboration with other faculty
- Additional advanced degree
Archived on: 2015-07-08