Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-05-12
Employer: Bristol University
Employer URL: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/
The Research Data Librarian post will be responsible for contributing to the planning of research data management support, advice and training to raise awareness and understanding amongst University of Bristol research and professional services staff. This will require the post-holder to have or be able to develop a deep working knowledge of the research data management practices and requirements of researchers and external funding bodies (RCUK, Wellcome, etc.) to design, negotiate and achieve service-level strategies to meet these requirements.
In particular the post-holder will apply expert information management and research data knowledge to deliver a research data management training programme for researchers, PGRs and professional services staff within the University. They will provide support to researchers with regard to the creation of data management plans and the publication and sharing of data, including monitoring and helping to improve compliance with funder and government policies.
The post-holder is expected to demonstrate high levels of autonomy, take personal responsibility for appropriate decision-making within the remit of the role and develop a high profile and strong collaborative network across the institution, within faculties and departments and Professional Services.
- Professional experience in an academic environment
- Experience of digital library applications in an HE environment
- Ability to set own deadlines and prioritise work within competing demands
- Knowledge of the research lifecycle, including scholarly communication and digital curation in a university or research environment
- Knowledge of current technologies and standards such as institutional repositories and metadata
- Awareness of legislation relating to data management
- Postgraduate qualification in Information and Library Management or equivalent professional experience in an academic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of ability to liaise, engage and influence colleagues and key stakeholders
- Ability to present data, information and recommendations clearly and concisely (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to undertake some travel for work
- Experience of research practice
Archived on: 2015-05-12