Posted to IASSIST on: 2015-04-23
Employer: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Employer URL: http://www.kc.frb.org/
Responsible for processing, cleaning, and analyzing large volumes of data to assist with the completion of research initiatives. Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and/or data modeling to discover information, recognize patterns and trends, and address research questions.
- Participates in the processing, cleaning, and analysis of data from a variety of sources to assist research or analytic staff address quantitative research questions
- Executes assignments in support of cleaning and modeling data to meet business needs and requirements.
- Provides programming support for the creation or coding of algorithms and routines that train, test, or deploy data mining or machine learning models.
- Contributes to data science activities including data mining, machine learning and/or statistical analysis using appropriate techniques or technologies.
- Collaborates, communicates, and educates other staff to improve general understanding of analytical and prediction models.
- Bachelor’s degree in applied statistics, mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
- Two to six years of experience in analytics, economic research, predictive modeling, and/or statistics
- Moderate to advanced skill in data manipulation and analysis using SQL, NoSQL, Java, MapReduce, HIVE, Python, R, SAS
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Economics background a plus
Archived on: 2015-04-23