Posted to IASSIST on: 2014-08-07
Employer: Statistics New Zealand
Employer URL: http://www.stats.govt.nz/
The Information Management unit supports staff at Statistics NZ to create, organise, access, and use information assets. We provide strategic advice to ensure that the information we produce is valued and managed accordingly. The team’s responsibilities include provision of research and discovery services, management of physical and digital content, retention and disposal advice, and the provision of advice and guidance.
Our team is striving to promote a culture of good information management practice, processes and systems in our organisation, and we are therefore looking for innovative team players who enjoy engaging with a variety of people to promote positive change.
Your role will be to actively lead, promote, and support one or more of the following:
- implementation of a new electronic content management system
- development and implementation of new storage management model
- development of an information and data governance model
- enhancing standards based interoperability between statistical information systems
We are looking for someone who has experience with, or is willing to develop, the technical skills required to support the statistical data management requirements of the organisation and/or practical experience with appraisal and disposal of large volumes of varied digital material.
We encourage you to apply for this vacancy if you have experience, or the willingness to develop, in any of the following areas:
- understanding the information and data management needs of a large government organisation,
- familiarity with the Government ICT Strategy and Action Plan
- building strong relationships with customers across a large organisation and promoting change and good practice in information management
- interoperability of information systems
- information models and metadata standards, including statistical metadata standards
- practical experience with management of large volumes of digital information
- supporting staff to make sound recordkeeping decisions
- maintenance and support of records and data management systems.
Archived on: 2014-08-08