Posted to IASSIST on: 2013-10-08
Employer: University of Manitoba Libraries
Employer URL: http://umanitoba.ca/libraries/
A: Role and Objectives of the Unit:
The Services to Libraries Units, Discovery & Delivery Services and Collections & External Relations, provide support to the unit libraries, including collections management, technical services, digital services, document delivery, circulation policy, usability/assessment, and library systems.
The Research Services Librarian is responsible for supporting the Libraries’ contribution to two University-wide functions: scholarly communication and data management services.
- Develops a strategy for the Libraries to support the data management needs of the University of Manitoba faculty and students.
- Develops a strategy for the Libraries to support the scholarly communication needs of the University of Manitoba faculty and students.
- Administers the Libraries’ Open Access Authors’ Fund.
- Actively participates in library and university-wide initiatives, committees, and task forces to develop and design sustainable infrastructure, technology and services to support research data management, curation, and access throughout all of the research and data lifecycles stages.
- Partners with others in UML, campus units, and at other universities on research data management and scholarly communication initiatives that support researcher needs in evolving research and scholarly environments.
- Collaborates with liaison librarians to assist faculty, graduate students, academic units, and research centres in understanding author rights and in making their research outputs openly accessible through MSpace or other open platforms or through support of gold open access publishing.
- Collaborates with liaison librarians to assist faculty, graduate students, academic units, and research centres in describing, preserving and making research data available and accessible to appropriate audiences, and in writing data management plans, identifying appropriate venues and repositories for data.
- Provides support in the discovery, use, and management of locally created research data and data available through disciplinary-specific open repositories.
The evaluation will be based on the incumbent’s professional performance; research, scholarly activity and creative works; professional service; and professional development, in accordance with Academic Librarians Performance Review and Development Guidelines
Archived on: 2013-10-31