Posted to IASSIST on: 2013-08-27
Employer: University of Bristol
Employer URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join a team to help establish and promote a pilot research data management service for the University of Bristol. A significant proportion of the work will involve advocacy and raising awareness and understanding of research data management issues amongst research and support staff across the University.
Essential requirements for the role include:
- A sound understanding of the requirements for data management throughout the research lifecycle, including scholarly communication and digital curation in a university or research environment
- Ability to explain complex information clearly to a wide variety of recipients
- Knowledge of current technologies and standards such as institutional repositories and metadata
- Experience of digital library applications in an HE environment
- Ability to plan, develop and deliver services in a large scale organisation
- Experience of managing projects and resources
The post requires a postgraduate qualification in Information and Library Management or equivalent and significant professional experience in an academic environment.
Archived on: 2013-09-30