Posted to IASSIST on: 2012-08-31
Employer: New York University
Employer URL: http://www.nyu.edu/
Provide client service, technical knowledge, technical development and communications expertise in support of state-of-the-art computer technology used by faculty and researchers for teaching and research. Advise and consult with faculty and researchers in the design, development, and implementation of information technology services for teaching and research. Provide technical support to faculty and researchers in curriculum and research development Develop and deliver training programs including conducting seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree or higher, preferably in Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Political Science, Psychology, Urban Planning, or related field
- Required Experience: 3 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination. Must include experience supporting information technology, training, programming and client service.
- Preferred Experience: Experience in an academic environment.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. Ability to train and provide technical advice to a non-technical audience. 1-3 years experience conducting quantitative academic research with 1 or more of the following: Stata, SPSS, SAS, R, Matlab
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Experience teaching quantitative software packages and/or research methods. Familiarity with software packages for survey research (Qualtrics or Remark OMR), qualitative data analysis (ATLAS.ti or NVivo) or geographic information systems (ArcGIS or GRASS). Knowledge of computer science concepts including data structures and algorithms; experience programming with Python, Julia, C or C++.
Archived on: 2012-09-30