Posted to IASSIST on: 2012-07-09
Employer: The Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies
Employer URL: http://africacentre.ac.za
The successful candidate will provide data curation support to the Wellcome Trust-funded iSHARE project by facilitating the documentation, discoverability and citation of INDEPTH scientific datasets shared through the INDEPTH Network Data repository, and to monitor, evaluate and report on published use of datasets originating from the INDEPTH Network.
This post will be offered on a 3-year contract. The remuneration package will be as per Africa Centre salary scales, depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- A Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, or a related field of study
- In the absence of minimum qualification, 5 years’ experience in the curation of research datasets
- Familiarity with software and tools for information management
- Knowledge of appropriate digital library technologies and related accepted best practices, digital data curation and web-based applications
- Knowledge of current practices and opportunities regarding institutional repositories and data curation initiatives
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of institutional repositories and data curation systems
- An understanding of issues related to research data, such as retention and intellectual property issues.
Archived on: 2012-08-31