Posted to IASSIST on: 2008-01-16
Employer: Cornell University College of Human Ecology
Employer URL: http://www.human.cornell.edu/
The Family Life Development Center within the College of Human Ecology is seeking a Senior Research Associate to serve as the Associate Director for the National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN). The Associate Director serves as the project director for a $2.5 million cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services supporting the National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect. Primary functions involve overseeing the daily operation of the Archive and promoting secondary data analysis in the academic community. The Associate Director is also expected to collaborate with the Director and others to conduct research utilizing Archive holdings.
- presenting scholarly work in academic journals and at national meetings
- conducting workshops
- working with Children’s Bureau grantees and other contributors to provide guidance and technical assistance
- assisting with the identification and acquisition of new archive holdings
- managing the Archive’s annual Summer Research Institute
- developing policies and procedures for licensing the use of secondary data and preventing disclosure of confidential data
- developing innovative strategies for networking and training child maltreatment researchers.
Further information about the position can be obtained from the Director of the Archive, John Eckenrode, at 607-255-0467 or jje1 [ at ] cornell.edu.
- a doctoral degree in psychology, social work, public health, sociology, or a closely related field
- 3-5 years of postdoctoral work experience in an academic or research setting
- programming expertise with SPSS and SAS is expected.
- Ability to work well with staff and Archive users is an absolute must.
Familiarity with the fields of child maltreatment and child welfare and demonstrated experience teaching and supervising others, writing grant proposals, and managing funded projects are all desired.
Review of applications is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled.
Archived on: 2008-03-31