Posted to IASSIST on: 2006-11-08
Employer: Tilburg University (the Netherlands)
Employer URL: http://www.tilburguniversity.nl/
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active colleague to facilitate and assist in the (re)use of qualitative and quantitative research data, in close cooperation with researchers and research groups.
- You encourage easy access to and publication of research data generated at Tilburg University.
- You assist and coordinate placing these data sets in scientific context and in archiving them.
- You are actively involved in acquisition of and providing access to external data sets.
- You play an active role in supporting students and staff using data sets.
- You actively contribute to development of data archiving and publication at international level.
Your work is closely related to the scientific research at Tilburg University. A close cooperation between you and the researchers and research groups is therefore mandatory.
The gross monthy salary depends on education, age, and experience, and amounts to at most GBP 4.140,= gross per month when working full-time (salary scale 11, function profile Information and Collection Specialist, level 1). Tilburg University offers an excellent employment package. The position is offered for one year and may be extended into a permanent contract.
You have completed an academic degree course. You have several years of research experience, preferably in the social or economic sciences. You have been deeply involved in data acquisition and data analysis. You have proven experience with software packages for statistical analysis, such as SPSS. You are customer-driven, and have excellent oral and written communicative skills, both in Dutch and in English. You have a communicative, cooperative, and service-oriented attitude.
Archived on: 2006-11-20